NY State Law, Regulation 64 states that the insured has the right to designate the repair shop of their intention, providing the repair shop, if located within New York state, is registered pursuant to the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Repair Shop Registration Act (Article 12-A, Vehicle and Traffic Law).
AUTO ACCIDENT GUIDE
- SAFELY observe surroundings to make sure the vehicle is not obstructing traffic and is stopped.
- CHECK to see if you or any passengers have been injured, then CONTACT local or state police.
- INFORM police of accident and injuries, then ask police to contact an ambulance or fire department if needed.
- SAFELY secure all names, phone numbers, and addresses of all involved in the accident, along with any witnesses who observed the accident.
- OBTAIN vehicle make, model, plate and insurance information for all vehicles involved in the accident.
- TAKE a photo or video of the accident scene; or, make a drawing, showing position of both vehicles and any collateral or property damage caused by the accident.
- IF the environment or any person appears to be hostile, REMAIN calm and safely return to the vehicle, lock doors and contact police of the situation.
- CONTACT Image Collision at (716-433-0465) about the accident and advise if TOWING is required.
- CONTACT your insurance company and provide them with accident details, as well as name, address, and phone number of your preferred collision shop and towing provider.
- Image Collision 245 Park Avenue, Lockport NY 14094 - 716-433-0465- (Towing services available)